SmallBiz, Shop Local 2021 – Business Support
Special Service Area 61 and South East Chicago Commission (SECC) team up for the 2021 Southside Shop Local campaign to local businesses in Downtown Hyde Park Chicago. Participating businesses in the SSA #61 geographic footprint will receive additional marketing and participation opportunities to reach holiday shoppers.
Promotional Period: November 8 – December 6, 2021
Businesses are invited to join the campaign for FREE marketing, advertising and promotion.
GET STARTED in three (3) easy steps.
Invitation to Join the SSA #61/Downtown Hyde Park Campaign
Easy Steps to Participate:
- Complete the online registration form by midnight October 28, 2021
- Submit marketing content (logos, ads, photos, social accounts, etc) by Nov. 1, 2021. * Extension applied.
- Agree to offer and honor a special deal during the promotional period
- Train staff for the promotion and prepare websites or checkout experience
- Allow marketing displays and/or POS material distribution in store or on your website
- Share social media campaign content and hashtag during the promotional period
- Free marketing, advertising and promotion
- Includes online and offline listing as a participating business
- Includes link to your company’s website for easy, increased traffic
- Targeted outreach to local residents who may be returning customers
- Increased shopper endorsements (reviews and social tags for better SEO)
- Social media content promotion from SECC and partnering organizations
** New** SSA #61 Shopper’s Guide:
Special Service Area #61, Downtown Hyde Park Chicago, will release its first ever Shopper’s Guide featuring some of the great businesses in the 53rd and 55th Street corridors.
The guide will include insights about new businesses, exclusive interviews, photos, video, and special deals.
The electronic guide will offer residents examples of how to support small businesses in the community, invitations to special events, and access to services located in the SSA61 district.
This is a fantastic opportunity for businesses to place ads for FREE.
- Host a promotional event
- Participate in news interview or allow television media to broadcast at your business
- Place a digital ad (and/or website link) in SSA61 Shopper’s Guide
- Host a social live stream at your retail store location
- Participate in SSA61 social video ad commercial
For Program Assistance:
- Contact Natalie Wright
- Call the office… 773-324-6926
The Shop Local Campaign will send customers to participating businesses and promote the entire SSA #61 business district.
About SSA #61:
Special Service Area #61, branded as Downtown Hyde Park Chicago, is comprised of the 53rd and 55th Street corridors connected by Lake Park Avenue. Special Service Areas, known as Business Improvement Districts or BIDs in other cities, are local tax districts that fund expanded services and programs through a localized property tax levy within contiguous areas. The enhanced services and programs are in addition to those currently provided through the City.